Mos is one of the rare Armenian villages that has preserved its historical name (currently it is called Mozkand), Like Apahen Mos was a centre of creation of the medieval manuscripts, A manuscript Gospel was rewritten here for Thaddeus Rakhishetsi by scribe Martyros Khndzorektsi and miniaturist and compilator Movses Yerets (deacon) in 1653-54. In the middle of the XVIIIcent. Mos was mentioned again in the cadastre of Dadi Vank estates.
Mos is situated in the alpine zone, in the upper course of the left tributary of the Dotkhu River, 1800 m above the sea.
The planning peculiarities of the village, especially the density of structures built along obviously old streets witness, that this ancient settlement was finally shaped in the Middle Ages. In spite of it what did remain of the former population were only a few badly weathered khachkars, put on the floors or at the doorways of cattle sheds.
1.5 km east of Mos, on a hill, at the right bank of a stream also called Mos there are walls of a basilica church, built of semi-processed and processed stones. Although the tympanum of the only entrance in the western facade, is not inscribed, stylistic and constructive peculiarities of this church are characteristic of the XII-XIIIcent. The walls are 78-80 cm wide, and external dimensions are 6.90x4.83 m.
The map of the Russian Chief Military Headquarters published in 1911 marked this church as Karmirvank (or in Turkish - Ghzlvank).